I got screwed.

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

Blade

I got screwed.

#1 Post by Blade » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:50 pm

So I got screwed by my own brother.

here is the story two years ago I bought a 431 that came out of a 3rd gen camaro for 3 grand. So he tells me that he has it set up to get freshened up for 800 bucks. New rings, barens, and clean the piston walls. I tell him to go ahead. So a week into I get a phone call from the guy working on it, he tells me that one of the valves in the bodiox heads are bent. He wants to switch me square port heads with over sized valves and springs for the bordiox heads. Thinking that the motor is gonna be for the street only, I tell him to go ahead. So three days goes by he calls tells me that its done and I can go get it.

Ok fast foward now two years later, I go to put the car together. Putting the new SFI Flexplate on, you hear something locking up inside the motor. So pulled the valve covers off and the rocker damn near falls off. The push rods are too short. So we pull the head off and there is dirty inside, now that doesnt make any sence because the motor has not ran. So I start to getting to thinking that the internals have not been cleaned the way they were suppose to be. So now the piston tubes have to honed. So I figured out what he did, switch the heads put the top end gaskets on and painted it orange. So i call my brother who set it up and i havent heard from him since. I am thinking he had something to do with it.

So the new motto is Dont trust anyone DTA!

Just when u think blood is thicker then water, just proves when it comes to the green it aint!

The guy who worked on the motor is a local drag racer in Maryland, he drives a dragster. I am starting to hear stories about him screwing other people now too.
1967 Camaro

Hey I gotta 9 sec car, in the 8th! lol

Jegs
Mike Curley Racing
Capital Raceway
Maryland International Raceway

Hitchcock

Re: I got screwed.

#2 Post by Hitchcock » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:35 pm

So your thinking he put you top end on some other motor? And he kept your short block. I would go hunting!
73 Vette, moly back half
Pump gas 496
Two Pro Systems 950's
Chance 6000 converter

supernova

#3 Post by supernova » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:43 pm

Hitchcock wrote:I would go hunting!
So would I.............. :gundown: :attack: :pissed:
Blackhoodmafia!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

Best to date: 1/8
et: 5.28
mph: 134
new wt. 3340 lbs

vegaracer

#4 Post by vegaracer » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Screwed by your own brother. Ouch. :nutkick:
Feenstra's Towing

1973 Vega
434 SBC, N.A.
Powerglide
9.01 @ 146

spib

#5 Post by spib » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:42 pm

they say dont do business with family
when things go wrong like this it sucks to be pissed at someone who is family were if it was just a guy you know you could go kick some ass
http://www.youtube.com/user/spib43
10.56 @128 best to date

Blade

#6 Post by Blade » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:46 pm

Hitchcock wrote:So your thinking he put you top end on some other motor? And he kept your short block. I would go hunting!
No I am thinking he took the heads which had nothing wrong with them in the first place. Never cleaned the bottom end like he was suppose too.
1967 Camaro

Jegs
Mike Curley Racing
Capital Raceway

Hitchcock

#7 Post by Hitchcock » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:50 pm

That's rough, hard to find people who are trustworthy
73 Vette, moly back half
Pump gas 496
Two Pro Systems 950's
Chance 6000 converter

Ten5Valiant

#8 Post by Ten5Valiant » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:56 am

spib wrote:they say dont do business with family
when things go wrong like this it sucks to be pissed at someone who is family were if it was just a guy you know you could go kick some ass
I'd be even more pissed if it were my own family. And it wouldn't stop me from doing something about it either.

Blade

#9 Post by Blade » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:04 am

Ten5Valiant wrote:
I'd be even more pissed if it were my own family. And it wouldn't stop me from doing something about it either.

I am gonna write it off as a loss for the time being. Karma will be there best of friends.
1967 Camaro

Jegs
Mike Curley Racing
Capital Raceway

Ten5Valiant

#10 Post by Ten5Valiant » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:12 pm

Blade wrote:
Ten5Valiant wrote:

I am gonna write it off as a loss for the time being. Karma will be there best of friends.

Good for you. I just have a hard time waiting for it, lol.

Blade

#11 Post by Blade » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:40 pm

Are you talking about having a hard time waiting for the motor to get rebuilt? No worries. You always have to have a back up motor. I have a 468 going in now until the winter time, I can have it rebuilt.
1967 Camaro

Jegs
Mike Curley Racing
Capital Raceway

supernova

#12 Post by supernova » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:09 pm

My brother has wanted to get in on a race deal with my racing for years and although it would be lots of extra money I have said no. I've felt like the price for allowing him to be involved would be more to me than it would be to him even though he would have brought the money to the deal......... If you know what I mean!
Blackhoodmafia!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

Best to date: 1/8
et: 5.28
mph: 134
new wt. 3340 lbs

Blade

#13 Post by Blade » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:31 pm

supernova wrote:My brother has wanted to get in on a race deal with my racing for years and although it would be lots of extra money I have said no. I've felt like the price for allowing him to be involved would be more to me than it would be to him even though he would have brought the money to the deal......... If you know what I mean!

In this day and age, its hard to trust anyone!
1967 Camaro

Jegs
Mike Curley Racing
Capital Raceway

Ten5Valiant

#14 Post by Ten5Valiant » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:08 pm

Blade wrote:Are you talking about having a hard time waiting for the motor to get rebuilt? No worries. You always have to have a back up motor. I have a 468 going in now until the winter time, I can have it rebuilt.

No, I meant I have a hard time waiting for karma to do it's thing, lol. But that's good that you can deal with it the way you are. Let me know if you need any BBC parts. My friend and I have some stuff we don't need anymore.