Advice for chassis dyno...

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

sverbus

Advice for chassis dyno...

#1 Post by sverbus » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:32 pm

I'm going to put the Nova on a chassis dyno for the sheer purpose of high RPM tuning (because it's so hard to do around where I live safely on the street) but I also know that I"ve heard some folks say that there are certain techniques to do when running a car with a big converter, and big gears and an automatic tranny.

Normally I know the guys at the dyno here shift into high gear and then about 3k rpm they thump it and go to the desired RPM.

The cool thing is that I can also get a good A/F ratio reading and play with the carb and look at the plugs.

Thanks guys for any help...
'70 Nova
434 small block
Best so far of 10.51 @ 131mph with a best so far 60' /1.46

572 BBC

Re: Advice for chassis dyno...

#2 Post by 572 BBC » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:01 am

had my car once on it,good points u bring up...put good air pressure in tires.i think i put about 7 or 8 extra lbs in 16x33,s....make sure its well secured! have fun and post results

CDR Performance

Re: Advice for chassis dyno...

#3 Post by CDR Performance » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:15 am

The only thing you should do it make sure you have a street tires on and enough air pressure.
Look for general safety things but, you dyno operator should be able to strap the car, place the fan/s, and know how to run the dyno. If they don't DO NOT let them touch your car! Take it somewhere else.
CDR PERFORMANCE
The Custom Engine Shop

Dart - Callies - BRC - Oliver - BME - Custom Cams - T&D - Trend - JGS - BorgWarner - SuperNatural - EV - CSU - C&S - BS3

http://www.cdrperformance.biz