Just signed on

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

55project

Just signed on

#1 Post by 55project » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:02 pm

Hello,,

I've been on this site for a good year or so, but never signed on till now..
I'm on a few other sites and this one looks alot like my home site which i live on and this one seems to have the same friendly atmosphere..
Anyway, i have a 64 Nova Gasser that is being sold this Saturday , not sure if i'm happy or sad yet.. But my daughter has been racing car for the last 5 years, since 16, and now i want to put all of my time and thoughts into her stuff, she has a 75 T/A street car that runs 12:60's and a drag 69 T/A clone that runs 10:42's,, Both are Small Block Chevy powered and on all motor..
I'm getting ready to build her new motor for the 69 and we want it to be into the low 9's and the motor from that car is going into the street car and should go 11's.. I'll post some pics of my daughters cars soon as i can..
Last edited by 55project on Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

JohnDougherty

#2 Post by JohnDougherty » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:31 am

Welcome to the site.

how fast does the Nova run? Nice job on the rear fenderwells too.

55project

#3 Post by 55project » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:38 am

I never had it at the track,, I've been building it for the past few years..
I had it down the block a few time and the back end wanted to pass the front,, it was a crazy ride to say the least..

The previous owner ran it up in Colorado and it went 12:60's @ 124 mph.. He said it spun the slicks all thru first gear, .. My daughters car was going 10:60 @ 124 last year, so the altitude must play games up there..

And thanks for the compliments..

John_Heard
Site Admin

#4 Post by John_Heard » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:07 am

Welcome to the site 55project - neat Chevy II, I like that Gasser look. Hopefully it'll be a fun project for the next owner.

55project

#5 Post by 55project » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:43 am

Beyond wrote:Welcome to the site 55project - neat Chevy II, I like that Gasser look. Hopefully it'll be a fun project for the next owner.
Thanks,,

He seems really excited, so i'll have him send pics later on so i can be sick,, LOL

And i really hate to sell, but to much going on at home right now, This will also free up some time so i can get out and do some camping and fishing, till hunting season comes around.. I have a motor home that i brought a few years ago and really only use it as a tow vehicle for the Super Chevy and the old time drags.. My kid runs all the nostalgic races.. Gotta love the old stuff..

Thanks again..