Too Slow for Now

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

Deborah-WFO

Too Slow for Now

#1 Post by Deborah-WFO » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:13 am

Bluebaugh Racing at the PSCA Arizona Nationals
By Deborah Woodard

Bluebaugh Racing’s Team Magna Fuel attended the Pacific Street Car Association’s Arizona Nationals this past weekend hunting for a home town win. Instead the team found a mid-pack quandary and need to step it up fast. Crew Chief Deborah Woodard said. “We qualified in the fifth position of ten cars, which is normally a good spot. As I looked at the ladder for race day though, I realized we were right in the middle looking in from the outside at an extreme fast pack of contenders capable of running 6.20’s and better.

The Magna Fuel Monte Carlo had a great qualifying day running 6.43, 6.42, and 6.40 on a hot and difficult track that created trouble for most of the Pro Street class. “Contenders in the PSCA that are showing up however are capable of running times we have just not reached at this point. Now that we are getting the car to repeat, we are going to have to chase our tune up much more aggressively than I originally intended to have to do. Stepping it up can cost parts in a hurry if you are not careful.”

In round one of eliminations, Bluebaugh paired up with Mike Maggio in his Magco Drilling Blown Alcohol Camaro. Each team had reason for concern with a big unknown over who would fair out in round one eliminations. While Bluebaugh ran wickedly consistent runs in qualifying, Maggio can and has run much faster. The day before Maggio and team struggled to run the best of 6.45. On race day, the win was up for grabs to the team who could best conquer the track. When the lights came down, all Bluebaugh and the team could hope for is that a consistent run would be enough. It was Maggio though who persevered taking the win with a smooth 6.30 @ 233 mph over Bluebaugh with a slowing 6.67 @ 211 mph. Bluebaugh said “Despite a mechanical difficulty that resulted in the car slowing, we just did not have a 6.30 in us that morning.”

All however was not lost for the day. Bluebaugh and Woodard hurried back to the pits to start stepping it up for some test runs while the getting was good on a prepped track. Woodard said “I have been working at home on a program to calculate air fuel ratio’s for our nitrous tune up. I have been excited to test my theories but we did not want to do it in competition. The results of testing revealed a two tenth gain in time, but we will not know for sure until we can do further testing. If correct, it would put us right where we need to be for the upcoming Street Car Super Nationals.”

Bluebaugh and the team would like to thank Magna Fuel for being our title sponsor for a second year. We want to give special appreciation to our media sponsor Speed Scene Racing. Thanks to JE Pistons for helping make the year possible. JE Pistons worked with us to create the perfect set of pistons for our 784 cubic inch nitrous engine. Thanks for continuing support from W. W. Williams who also made special contributions for our attendance at the Arizona event, Special thanks to Dave at Goodyear Racing. As most people know, DJ Safety has joined us this year and big thanks goes out for the custom fit driver’s suit. We have a full catalog of items from DJ Safety, Magna Fuel, Hughes Performance, Arrow Track GPS, and other manufacturers available for sale on our Web Store project http://www.1320racer.com WFO Skull T-shirts are now available.

Bluebaugh Racing is supported by the World’s Fastest Organization, LLC along with WFO Racing and Machine, and 1320 Racer.com.

Again Much Thanks to our Sponsors and Supporters
Magna Fuel, Speed Scene Racing, JE Pistons, DJ Racing Safety Equipment, W.W. Williams, Highway 69 Racing Products, Hughes Performance, Charles Carpenter Racing, Chris Patrick of Automated Racing Technologies, and Dave at Goodyear Racing.

http://www.worldsfastestorganization.com
http://www.1320racer.com