Ohh So Close...

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

Bobalos

#16 Post by Bobalos » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:07 pm

well...........................................? give us the nickle version.

how far forward does the rack go from the point where it attaches to the spindle?

how high or low in reference to that same connection point?

do you take into consideration, the normal travel or total travel?

Bob

John_Heard
Site Admin

#17 Post by John_Heard » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:19 pm

Don't know how it relate to a Chevelle Bob... or with other companies steering arms and control arms. Ride height also I'm sure affects this.

The rack centerline is centered vertically with the lower control arm bolt hole centerlines. Side to side it is centered in the frame rails and located 3 1/8" from the main crossmember which is about as far forward as you can get it before it runs into the secondary crossmember. As far as how he came up with those points, you'll have to ask David. I didn't put any thought into how it's setup, just relied on him. I just did the grunt work LOL

Bobalos

#18 Post by Bobalos » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:52 pm

Right on, maybe I will put up a post in the Chassis section & see if I cant get a little tutorial on it

thanks
Bob

John_Heard
Site Admin

#19 Post by John_Heard » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:13 am

Got the new motor fired on the 4th.. Born on the 4th of July! Everything went well but had a few leaks here and there. Finally got a chance to work on the car again last night and got the leaks fixed, timing set (love that new crank trigger!) and started getting the alternator wired up. Can't wait to take her down the road a bit and see how it runs.