Went to CMP (Chandler Motorsports Park) Sat.

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

Fat 56 F100

Went to CMP (Chandler Motorsports Park) Sat.

#1 Post by Fat 56 F100 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:52 am

Went to CMP as a tater(Spec....Tater) To watch some of the guys that work for me in the shop. It was one of thems first time to run... he had a blast. His first R/T was a .90 and ran a 9.87 and the second was a .130 and ran a 9.37 and he never did get a good run during qualifing so we dialed him in at 9.20. 1st round he had a .33 R/T and ran an 8.68. He is hooked now.
The second guy had an oil leak in his first round of qualifing and about knocked down the left retaining wall.We will get that fixed and try again next week.
Third one had a decent day,First round ran a 7.20 on a 7.20 Dial in and won but a header tube broke and put him on the trailer.
I will be glad to get my truck done so I can be running with them, But i have a long way to go so maybe by the end of the year it will be ready to try.
Attachments
DSCN1022.JPG
DSCN1023.JPG

want-a-be

Re: Went to CMP (Chandler Motorsports Park) Sat.

#2 Post by want-a-be » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Chandler Indiana?... I used to race there all the time. Still go there every once in a while to help a buddy with his roundy car.

Don

Bruce69Camaro

#3 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:26 am

I want to hear more about your truck.

Got any pictures of it?
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

Fat 56 F100

#4 Post by Fat 56 F100 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:17 pm

Bruce69Camaro wrote:I want to hear more about your truck.

Got any pictures of it?
I do have pictures of it on my computer at home. I got it from a guy who I am doing the wiring on a 56 that he is restoring for a show truck. So I dont get to work on mine as much as i want till i finish his truck. Mine is a barn find so i am starting from scratch,I have the 460 that i am building to put in it and a good start on the parts for it.I bought the crank, H beam rods and pistons from one of the guys that work for me. He is building a stroker for his fox body mustang.I have a C4 Prepped and ready by a local shop, still need a converter yet. I have a 9" strange spool and richmond race gear, I still need axles yet.Lots of work to do and not near enough time to get it all done.

Bruce69Camaro

#5 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:24 pm

How much power you guessing you'll have?

The reason I ask, my coworker just went through some painful experience building and rebuilding his C4 in his Mustang. He kept burning up the clutches. Finally he decided to go with a P/G becuase he was warned that his 1000hp motor would kit the C4.

Also what spline axles you looking for? I got a new set of Moser axles that I have posted in the for sales section if your interested. They were cut for a narrowed nine inch housing I bought from S&W that was for a 24" frame rail.

My friend has a 53 Ford PU that he dropped a 350 LT1 and it was one fun truck and ran like a raped ape.
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

wikd69

#6 Post by wikd69 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:40 pm

Fat 56 F100 wrote:

Got any pictures of it?
I do have pictures of it on my computer at home. I got it from a guy who I am doing the wiring on a 56 that he is restoring for a show truck. So I dont get to work on mine as much as i want till i finish his truck. Mine is a barn find so i am starting from scratch,I have the 460 that i am building to put in it and a good start on the parts for it.I bought the crank, H beam rods and pistons from one of the guys that work for me. He is building a stroker for his fox body mustang.I have a C4 Prepped and ready by a local shop, still need a converter yet. I have a 9" strange spool and richmond race gear, I still need axles yet.Lots of work to do and not near enough time to get it all done.
Sounds like you might be looking to lay down some serious horsepower and torque. If you can, please post pix of your build as you go, that way we can all follow along with it.
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm

Fat 56 F100

#7 Post by Fat 56 F100 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:57 pm

Bruce69Camaro wrote:How much power you guessing you'll have?

The reason I ask, my coworker just went through some painful experience building and rebuilding his C4 in his Mustang. He kept burning up the clutches. Finally he decided to go with a P/G becuase he was warned that his 1000hp motor would kit the C4.

Also what spline axles you looking for? I got a new set of Moser axles that I have posted in the for sales section if your interested. They were cut for a narrowed nine inch housing I bought from S&W that was for a 24" frame rail.

My friend has a 53 Ford PU that he dropped a 350 LT1 and it was one fun truck and ran like a raped ape.
I have been worried about the C4 Holding up.I dont plan on the 1000hp but while im building my favorite sayings is "if a little is good, bigger is even better ". I am going to build the frame and all the fab work to go bigger and better rather than have to change it all down the road to go faster.
I will check out your axles, Thanks for letting me know.

Fat 56 F100

#8 Post by Fat 56 F100 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:01 pm

wikd69 wrote:
Fat 56 F100 wrote:

Got any pictures of it?
Sounds like you might be looking to lay down some serious horsepower and torque. If you can, please post pix of your build as you go, that way we can all follow along with it.
I will post the pictures as i go, I keep thinking about putting a picture of it in my avatar but its just so ugly compared to all of you guys cars........even if they are camaros and novas.

wikd69

#9 Post by wikd69 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:35 pm

Fat 56 F100 wrote:
I will post the pictures as i go, I keep thinking about putting a picture of it in my avatar but its just so ugly compared to all of you guys cars........even if they are camaros and novas.

Don't worry about it being ugly - you've seen Supernova's avatar, right ? <bland look>
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm

Bruce69Camaro

#10 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:28 pm

wikd69 wrote:
Fat 56 F100 wrote:

Don't worry about it being ugly - you've seen Supernova's avatar, right ? <bland look>
That was mean Harry, but damn it was funny!

chpcamaro

#11 Post by chpcamaro » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:17 pm

lol i was like omg first time run at a track and he is running 8.68 then i realized it was 1/8 mile lol.
yea a few times down the track and you get hooked it is a disease that only gets worst lol :twisted:
best to date N/A 8.91@153
psca westcoast heads up racing open comp
67 Camaro RS/SS
BBC Powerglide 4800 stall 4.11 29.5x10.5W
http://www.chpdragracing.com

Fat 56 F100

#12 Post by Fat 56 F100 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:46 am

chpcamaro wrote:lol i was like omg first time run at a track and he is running 8.68 then i realized it was 1/8 mile lol.
yea a few times down the track and you get hooked it is a disease that only gets worst lol :twisted:
LOL!!! Yep 1/8 mi. track. It is the gray mustang in the pictures above. :thumb: