Fuel Prices - 10 cent discount for cash

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

John_Heard
Site Admin

Fuel Prices - 10 cent discount for cash

#1 Post by John_Heard » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:43 am

Or is it pay 10 cents extra per gallon if using a debit or credit card?

One of our local fuel stations just changed to charging 10 cents more if you use a debit or credit card when buying Diesel, but didn't change their rates for Gasoline. Anyone else seeing this?

I assume this means they are paying between 2-3% for card processing, which I do understand the extra cost. Most everyone knows that's already factored into the price and has been for a long time. These stations weren't eating that 2-3% you can bet on it, so why would they make the change only for diesel ? :scratch:

chpcamaro

Re: Fuel Prices - 10 cent discount for cash

#2 Post by chpcamaro » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:54 am

they have been doing that for a while out here weel atleast charging more iof you use a credit card i never use a credit card for gas because this. other states are probably learning how to screw the public by watching california do it grrrrrrrrrrr
best to date N/A 8.91@153
psca westcoast heads up racing open comp
67 Camaro RS/SS
BBC Powerglide 4800 stall 4.11 29.5x10.5W
http://www.chpdragracing.com

John_Heard
Site Admin

#3 Post by John_Heard » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:04 am

Few years back when prices went through the roof and they made everyone pay in advance, I got used to using my debit card at the pump so I didn't have to guess how much it would take to top the tank off.

I guess my point is, they raised the price 10 cents, then give you a "discount" for cash... So now they are making and extra 2-3% above what they were making before starting this crap. Arghh... Diesel 4.01 here as of yesterday.. I know it's more on the left coast, just venting.

ytnova

#4 Post by ytnova » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:14 am

Kinda the same way here for the last couple of years, but not at all stations. Typically here there is a .03-.04 charge per gallon if using a debit or credit card, but not if you use the stations brand of credit/fuel card or cash.
I am not really sure what the question is, but I am pretty sure the answer is Big Block.