My Christmas wish to all my friends on DragStuff....

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

Bruce69Camaro

My Christmas wish to all my friends on DragStuff....

#1 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:39 am

Most of you know me and know how I like to joke around and have fun, well this time I'm being serious and I don't like to be this way but after my experience last night, I need to be serious.

I was on my way home from work at 3:30 and coming up from behind me was a set of flashing lights. Here it was an emergency vehicle. Then as I got closer to my exit, here comes one of our local cop cars flying down the highway so I knew something was up and as I got to my exit, I could see traffic backed up and our local firetruck crossing the bridge to get onto the highway. I knew my wife was on her way home and where the problem was at, this is how she would be coming home, so I'm calling her cell phone left and right and she was not picking up. My only hope was, she was at home and turned off her phone, but when I pullled into the driveway, her car wasn't there. I started to panic and tried calling her phone again.

Finally after a few minutes and tons of calls to her phone, she called me and told me she was attending to a young female that was thrown out of her vehicle and she was not doing good. She told me the girl had some serious injuries an was bleeding, pretty bad and she started to turn colors. She did manage to get her name and was trying to keep her awake, calm, warm and not moving. She also told me that the ER crew could not get her stable and she stopped breathing a few times. Then not knowing much about this girl, Tracy told me she saw Pokeman cards spread out over the grass so this makes me think she may be a mother and then to think, her husband/ children might not see her again?

She talked to the State Police and then the media crew showed up and asked if the Police could get her out of there because she could not talk to then, so they took her over to their car to get warm.

Tracy told me, it was like watching a movie, she looked up and saw this vehcile flying through the air and came crashing down. She knew she had to stop and help because this is just the type of person she is. She is still recuperating from a knee injury that is still not healed but totally ignored her problems to go help this other person.

Late last night, she saw on the news that the young girl passed away before she got to the hospital.

We don't know how things happened, but coming into work this morning, I was going 62/63 and cars were flying by me like I was sitting still and people just don't get it, one wrong move and you or someone else can be killed, in a heartbeat.

So guys, take it easy on the roads and at the strip and make sure all your safety stuff is up to date and in good shape.

I don't want to hear any stories like this about my brothers here on DragStuff.....

This experience has really changed my life and mostly, my wife's life.

Be careful and I wish all of you and your families, a SAFE and Merry Christmas.

Bruce
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

supernova

Re: My Christmas wish to all my friends on DragStuff....

#2 Post by supernova » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:50 am

Bruce,
Do you think you can find out about the young girls family. Maybe with a ok from John we could start a fund for her family in Drag Stuff's name. Maybe have cut off of the end of January. I would give a $100.00.
Blackhoodmafia!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

Best to date: 1/8
et: 5.28
mph: 134
new wt. 3340 lbs

Hitchcock

#3 Post by Hitchcock » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:05 am

supernova wrote:Bruce,
Do you think you can find out about the young girls family. Maybe with a ok from John we could start a fund for her family in Drag Stuff's name. Maybe have cut off of the end of January. I would give a $100.00.

I'll match that offer from supernova. Thanks for sharing Bruce. Sometimes life gives you a reality check. God speed...
73 Vette, moly back half
Pump gas 496
Two Pro Systems 950's
Chance 6000 converter

Bruce69Camaro

#4 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:22 am

As of right now, they are not releasing any info on her except my wife told me her name is Stephanie Hanna, was 36 and lived not far from us.

I talked to Tracy and she was a wreck and all she cared about was going to her funeral to speak to her family. I also told her we need to let them know she was not alone and that you were there to comfort her.

Our church is now involved and I already have been on the phone most of the morning with friends from there and a friend is stopping by after work today to talk to Tracy.

That is so awesome that you would like to help out Stephanie's family, I'll see what I can find out but just hold off for now, thank you for the offer. I'll keep you up to date.

I got to tell you, after crying for some time this morning from the pain of hearing Tracy crying and thinking of the girl and her family, it made me really realize, you can be here one monent and gone the next.

I was always a believer of kissing your spouse before you go to bed and this incident just proves my point.
Last edited by Bruce69Camaro on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

supernova

#5 Post by supernova » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:03 am

God speed Stephanie and prayer's sent for the family.

Bruce, let us know what we can do to help.
Blackhoodmafia!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

Best to date: 1/8
et: 5.28
mph: 134
new wt. 3340 lbs

John_Heard
Site Admin

#6 Post by John_Heard » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:07 am

That's a sad story. Many of us often forget how short life can be and that any day may be our last here on Earth.

Treasure your loved ones.

Craig W.

#7 Post by Craig W. » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Thanks for sharing the events of last night Bruce. Your wife is quite a hero. We all need reminders that life is fleeting and can be gone at any moment. Now is the time to take care of what needs taking care of. We all need to tell our family and friends what they mean to us, be sure our family is taken care of if anything were to happen and make we're right with God thru his Son.

We'll be praying for all involved and would be happy to contribute to her family's needs.
Craig Watson
2QuickNovas Racing
5.23@131

Sponsors:
AEM Electronics
Carnivore Performance
Rapp Racing
VFN Fiberglass
Fast Shafts

Bruce69Camaro

#8 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:08 pm

Thanks Craig.....you a dead on correct sir!

I came from a home that had a strong belief in God and as most of us know the story, when your young you just don't want to hear about this stuff.

Years later, I'm glad I started going back to chruch, new friends, new outlook, new everything, BUT as I have preached to my friends, I will not do one thing and that is push religion on anyone, if you ask fine, but I really believe that most people get turned away from God and religion because people can be too pushy. It was pushed on me and I hated it, but 30 years later, I'm glad it finally came around.

Tracy told me she had a melt down today at her school and I just can't begin to imagine what is going through her mind.

But I agree, she is my little hero and truely, just how many people nowadays would stop their cars, run across a highway and go in search of a missing driver?

Tracy would and did, but not too many others that I know would.

Point is guys, please be careful no matter where you go and take care of that family of yours.

Craig W.

#9 Post by Craig W. » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:00 pm

So true. You can't force your beliefs on people. It doesn't work. Just try to show the love of God to those you encounter every day and when the time is right God will give opportunities to talk to those you have close relationships with.
Craig Watson
2QuickNovas Racing
5.23@131

Sponsors:
AEM Electronics
Carnivore Performance
Rapp Racing
VFN Fiberglass
Fast Shafts

Bruce69Camaro

#10 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:27 am

Update:
Our Pastor, whom is a motorhead, stopped by, amoungst some other friends last night. He looked at both of us and said, I got some news for you, Stephanie at one time, came to our church, she is divorced and has two boys. Both of her boys and her ex-husband and his wife still attend our church and our staff has been working with all of them, helping them deal with this tragedy.

The staff also knows the connection between Stephanie and Tracy but did not realize that Tracy spoke with Stephanie in her last moments. I talked to Michelle, the teen counsoler last night and wanted her to pass on that their mother was not alone and that Tracy was there with her and she was comfortable.

John told Tracy, even though this is so painful, there is a reason why Tracy was there, at that time, at that spot and made her do what she did and we believe this as well.

This is a terrible thing but at least we can tell her family, that their mother, wife, daughter, neice, whatever she might be, went in peace, was not alone and Tracy and her prayed together in her last moments of life.