What is wrong with my luanch???????

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

want-a-be

Re: What is wrong with my luanch???????

#16 Post by want-a-be » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Wellll,....I have to say that I think you ought to do these changes.

I think you need to allow the front end to separate as far and fast as possible. Don't skimp on the shocks. This makes a huge difference on how the chassis will work.

I think you need shocks on the rear that extend faster then the compression also.

So basically some 90/10 shocks on both the front and rear. Well you know what I mean. Both the front and rear ends of the chassis need to separate during the launch. Might not be the popular way of thinking here but I think you'll find it's what you're going to need in the long run. If you were rubbing the rear bumper off that thing I would have to agree with limiting the front travel. But, imo, you need more travel. You rear end looks like it's locked in place. That's not right at all.

I do like the method mentioned above on how to limit the travel though. Pretty good idea.

How many inches is the engine and how much power do you think it's making?

Don

want-a-be

#17 Post by want-a-be » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:37 pm

Hate to kinda nit pick this,...and it isn't up to me to decide this,.... but shouldn't this thread actually be in the chassis tuning section? Can it be moved there?

Up to you John,...just a suggestion.

Don

John_Heard
Site Admin

#18 Post by John_Heard » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:47 pm

Pain in the butt to move it right now, but in the future Evil please post chassis type stuff in the Chassis forum. Not a big deal, but it does help keep topics in the proper place.

Back to the topic, I wouldn't limit front shock travel on that car at all, for the most part you don't need to do that until you're having problems keeping her off the bumper and/or you've ran out of shock adjustment. All I can suggest from that vid is to try slowing the front down some, and get us some better video so we can see what's going on.

want-a-be

#19 Post by want-a-be » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:49 pm

Thanks John,

Not meaning to whine about this location. Just thought it might see more traffic in the chassis section.

Don

Necessary Evil

#20 Post by Necessary Evil » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:50 pm

ok will have to wait till spring time for better videos thanks.....