On hold again.....

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

Bruce69Camaro

On hold again.....

#1 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:20 am

I'm posting this a little early, but I know the next few weeks are going to be crazy.

On April 16th I'm going into the hospital for surgery. I had a colonoscopy the other week and they removed an extremely large polyp. It got sent out to be biopsied and when it finally came back, they didn't like what they saw and there is cancer present.

So he gave me some options, 1 to remove the infected area and rejoin the colon, 2 to sit back, monitor things and watch what happens and 3 go for a second opinion.

Well, I didn't like 2 or 3, so we're going with option 1.

He said because it was found early, I should be good to go afterwards. He then also told me, if I would have waited another year to come in, it would have been a bit too late, and I would have had a 2% chance they could help me.

So I'll be in the hospital for 7-10 days and home for up to 5 weeks.

Here is more bad news, while at home for those weeks, I'm not allowed to work on the car, strict orders from the doctor and my wife. Doesn't that just suck!

Then to add insult, my good buddy Ray is heading to Maple Grove on April 19th for TNT. I think he's doing it just to get under my skin while I'm in the hospital. He might be joined by my coworker, he just dropped a 555 bbc in his 93 Mustang and it has the potential of being a 7's machine. I asked them to send me some good news.

So, for any of you out there, here are my words, go get checked if it's in your family history. It's simple, it's easy and it's painless. This is a silent killer that doesn't care, I got lucky and found it early, I know some that didn't and they weren't.

So my season will get a late start, but at least I'll be around for another 40 years.

See ya
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

wheels

Re: On hold again.....

#2 Post by wheels » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:01 am

Sorry to hear that Bruce. Good luck with the operation, you will be back at it in no time. did you have symptoms or was it routine exam?

Bruce69Camaro

#3 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:04 am

I can say that there was symptoms BUT I did not put the two things together.

I was due for my first one, seeing I'm 51, and I'm glad I didn't keep putting it off.

Thank you.
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

Mike Peters

#4 Post by Mike Peters » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:18 pm

PFFFFFFFFTTTT!!!! Go kick the Big C's arse and come back with an even greater appreciation of life's gifts. Reward yourself and see if you can find a Chevelle you can trade the Camaro in on. Hang in there lil' brother. 5 weeks at home? Tracy, you have my sympathy. :smt056
"If winning was easy, losers would be doing it"

Bruce69Camaro

#5 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:20 pm

Would not have expected anything less from you big brother....Thanks buddy.

wikd69

#6 Post by wikd69 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:32 am

Trade his Camaro for a Chevelle ? Geez, friends and family are supposed to provide loving support at a time like this, not comedy !!! :roll:

Sounds like you caught this stuff early and have a good plan worked out. We'll be thinking of you, Bruce. Keep us posted on progress and follow your doctors orders. We need you back on the track as soon as you get this taken care of. Us Camaro guys gotta provide leadership to the Chevelle and Nova boys out there. :thumb: :smt003
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm

mytmouz

#7 Post by mytmouz » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:24 am

Good luck!
Trucks are for haulin...

ytnova

#8 Post by ytnova » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:50 am

Sorry to hear that bruce, but go kick it's ass and get back out there and go racing. Best of luck to you and you can do this!
I am not really sure what the question is, but I am pretty sure the answer is Big Block.

Bruce69Camaro

#9 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:44 am

Thanks guys.
The biggest pain right now is waiting to get this done.
Been really tired, not sure if it has anything to do with what's going on or maybe due to my diet and I'm need some more carbs to pick me up.
But anyhow, I got my trailer on Saturday and I'm working at having everything ready to go for when the doctor clears me.

Mike Peters

#10 Post by Mike Peters » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:45 pm

Bruce69Camaro wrote:Thanks guys.
Been really tired, not sure if it has anything to do with what's going on or maybe due to my diet and I'm need some more carbs to pick me up.
But anyhow, I got my trailer on Saturday and I'm working at having everything ready to go for when the doctor clears me.
The stress will wear you out. It's natural to be stressed so once you understand that's probably what's going on, maybe you can deal with it better. Say no to carbs. They'll just make you feel more tired. Hang in there. Once you get this behind you (bad choice of words?), you'll probably want to lace up the figures skates again. ........sorry....couldn't resist brother. :smt003

wikd69

#11 Post by wikd69 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:01 am

Mike Peters wrote:
Bruce69Camaro wrote:Thanks guys.
The stress will wear you out. It's natural to be stressed so once you understand that's probably what's going on, maybe you can deal with it better. Say no to carbs. They'll just make you feel more tired. Hang in there. Once you get this behind you (bad choice of words?), you'll probably want to lace up the figures skates again. ........sorry....couldn't resist brother. :smt003
Imagining Bruce in a tutu. <shudder>.... :smt003

Bruce69Camaro

#12 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:37 am

Hey Harry....come on man, us Camaro guys need to support one another thru the thick and thin....tutu's included!

Mike's just upset that after all these years, he finally realized that mom told him to wear the wide part of his jock strap over his butt.

Carolina Kid

#13 Post by Carolina Kid » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:00 pm

Good luck Bruce

Mike Peters

#14 Post by Mike Peters » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:21 pm

Bruce69Camaro wrote:Hey Harry....come on man, us Camaro guys need to support one another thru the thick and thin....tutu's included!

Mike's just upset that after all these years, he finally realized that mom told him to wear the wide part of his jock strap over his butt.
Have your fun now young man. You're lucky I've decided to take it easy on you while your waiting to get your colonectomy (is that a word?).

wikd69

#15 Post by wikd69 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:37 pm

Mike Peters wrote:
Bruce69Camaro wrote:Hey Harry....come on man, us Camaro guys need to support one another thru the thick and thin....tutu's included!

Have your fun now young man. You're lucky I've decided to take it easy on you while your waiting to get your colonectomy (is that a word?).
As long as he doesn't have to do a Chevellectomy. That would be the *worst*...

And Bruce Bro, we love ya, tutu and all :thumb: