throwing in the towel for 2015

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

Hitchcock

throwing in the towel for 2015

#1 Post by Hitchcock » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:22 pm

Well gang, most of you know I got the car ready, or at least extremely close to race ready at the very end of our season here. I literally missed our last race by hours. So I just took the car out for some street cruising, and enjoyed driving it while the weather was good. Now the car could be raced as is, needs some refinements here and there, nothing major. And as many of you know my wife is about 5.5 months pregnant with our second child Maximus Kincaid. Now our daughter who is almost 4 now was born 2 months early, and only 4 pounds. So to be cautious now the doctors took her off of work to try and keep her from going early again. Now, that is a 45 K annual salary that is not hitting our bank account. So I am footing all the bills for now. If we do a 90 day maternity leave, with the due date we are looking at her going back to work in July. She has 90 days of short term disability, that will cover the bills for a while, and I have enough is savings to float the rest of them until she goes back to work. BUT, given what I need to spend in safety gear, and the misc. items i need for the car, and not having a second income until july. I am calling it quits for the season. After we she goes back to work, it will take us the rest of the year to get back to a level of financial stability where I could go racing. So, I am just going to chill, and will probably spend the majority of the racing season fishing. I will still take the car out for some street cruises, but that will be about it. I may go tattoo Mike Peters street once just for fun :smt003.

That being said, I am also looking at starting a new chapter of life for my family. This would bring about some major changes for us, but not with out some big sacrifices as well. But if that works out, you can bet the Corvette would get some pretty blingy upgrades too!!!! But all these thing combined will most likely keep me from running the car until sometime in 2016. SOOOOOOO, for now it's fishing and bench racing I guess....
73 Vette, moly back half
Pump gas 496
Two Pro Systems 950's
Chance 6000 converter

John_Heard
Site Admin

Re: throwing in the towel for 2015

#2 Post by John_Heard » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:34 pm

Family has to come first!

Just because you have to set the car aside for a season don't mean you can't get out to the track and get your feet wet. Might be surprised what you learn hanging out in the pits.

Craig W.

#3 Post by Craig W. » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:08 pm

Hope it all goes well for your family. Racing will be there when you get back to it.

There's always someone looking for a hand at that track so maybe you've got a buddy that needs towing from the finish line back to the pits, needs lining up in the groove, needs help turning the car around for the next round, etc. Playing crewman can be a lot of fun too.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Craig Watson
2QuickNovas Racing
5.23@131

Sponsors:
AEM Electronics
Carnivore Performance
Rapp Racing
VFN Fiberglass
Fast Shafts

apacheracing

#4 Post by apacheracing » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:42 pm

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,HH WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hitchcock

#5 Post by Hitchcock » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:56 pm

Dick...
73 Vette, moly back half
Pump gas 496
Two Pro Systems 950's
Chance 6000 converter

Hookdaddy

#6 Post by Hookdaddy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:22 am

Congratulations on having your head screwed on straight. There are very few of your type left.
Family first, the rest is just fun and games.
Don Scholl
S&W Race Cars - retired
145H Super Comp
145Y Stock Eliminator & ET Brackets

Hitchcock

#7 Post by Hitchcock » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:23 pm

Thanks hook. But I'm here to tell ya, acting my age is boring as hell.
73 Vette, moly back half
Pump gas 496
Two Pro Systems 950's
Chance 6000 converter