Wiring for 75 nova ss

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

75nova585

Wiring for 75 nova ss

#1 Post by 75nova585 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:42 pm

I have a 75 nova with a mark IV 454 and a th400 trans. None of the factory gauges work and all my accessories water pump, fuel pump, fan, and starter are all on a switch panel. How do i go about removing all the factory wires. It used to be a manual car so the clutch pedal is still connected and has a saftey switch attached to it but it’s constantly engaged to be able to start it. Im assuming i can just disconnect all the factory wiring and just run everything through my switch panel and fuse panel. Just want to make sure whats the proper way to remove all the unnecessary wiring.

Bruce69Camaro

Re: Wiring for 75 nova ss

#2 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:22 am

I gutted all of my factory wiring from my car, then ran all new wiring for just the components that I needed, through my own switch panel and fuse block.
Just don't through out the factory harness, if it's in decent shape. I made the mistake of doing that and now I decided I want to run my car on the street and no harness! I rewired things but it would have been easier if I kept the original harness.
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch: