A new tool and my new best freind

Fabrication, Welding, Shop Tools, Tips & Techniques

Moderator: John_Heard

dadnova

A new tool and my new best freind

#1 Post by dadnova » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:57 am

Well I broke down and bought a new tool so I don't have to lay down.

Should be installed within a few days, this should make things allot easier.

If you live in the Riverside County area and would like one let me know, I am looking for more of them as my freind wants one as well.
Attachments
nova 059.jpg
nova 058.jpg
Gotta plan, spend it before she can, and go as fast as you can.

supernova

Re: A new tool and my new best freind

#2 Post by supernova » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:56 am

It looks like work. :shock:

LOL :lol:
Blackhoodmafia!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

Best to date: 1/8
et: 5.28
mph: 134
new wt. 3340 lbs

John_Heard
Site Admin

#3 Post by John_Heard » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:03 pm

Am I seeing that right? An old school center post hydraulic lift?

chpcamaro

#4 Post by chpcamaro » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:04 pm

hey dadnova
i am not far from you question did you check with the city i know from owning a shop that we can no long have those installed in the ground heffty fine do to contaminates that can get in to the ground and you know how cali is they love to fine us. all i am saying is make sure you got a permitt
i just don't want to hear you just got 5000.00 fine just looking out for a fellow racer

have you looked into the above ground lifts there's a company real close to you they sell used ones cheap but you do need a 4 to 6 think slab but they are a lot nicer because you can work on everything under the car the center post makes it hard to pull a tranny
ok again just my 2 cents
best to date N/A 8.91@153
psca westcoast heads up racing open comp
67 Camaro RS/SS
BBC Powerglide 4800 stall 4.11 29.5x10.5W
http://www.chpdragracing.com

dadnova

Re: A new tool and my new best friend

#5 Post by dadnova » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:35 am

The ______ with the county, first of all no contaminates get in the ground, its a sealed unit, the fluid is added at the top of the unit above the concrete, so even if it was spilled it would have to soak through 6 inches of concrete, fat chance.
The same ______ county that will not let me give land to my own kids unless I give each of them 10 aches each, as its 10 ache min. now, but my neighbor lives on 1 ache, I don't have 40 ache extra, but they will let some ___ _____ builder who lives in Newport Beach come in and build 200 homes on 1 ache lots when that land is zoned the same as mine for 100 years, now all of a sudden it has SPECIAL Zoning ( Meaning the Bribe was accepted) that's _______county!!!!!!.
Oh you mean the same county that made my friend get rid of 20 classic cars or fine him 10K, even though he has a 8' wall around his property and the only way you can even see the cars is from the air, while his neighbor next door has thirty cars and old RVs with wood covering the windows ( just junk ) and has only a 4' chain link fence so all his junk is in plain sight, but his neighbor does not have to remove them?? Oh maybe that's because his neighbor works for the ____county??.
The same county that says we need a grading permit and engineering plans at a cost of 15K to clear land and or brush for fire reasons when the fire dept says to clear it, even and there is a code that states any home owner may grade and or clear brush as long as it does not change a water way or for grading of an building that is to be occupied by people, that county.
The county just wants money any way they can get it.

The same people who say you can't spank your own kids, can't have oral sex, and the list goes on and on for ever. Government needs to do what it was set up to do, running our lives was not and is not part of it, in fact its illegal what they do if you read the paperwork and or the ground work our for fathers set down.

AHH, it felt good to vent.

On with the post:

I already have use of four post lift, but working on many things the car can not be on the tires.

As far as pulling the trans, I can with a trans jack, but, I cant do that anyway, with my motor plates and flex plate shield I have to pull the entire unit, engine and trans at the same time as I have not cut the OEM Body at the trans area, and I have not figured out how to install the trans. to engine bolts with the flex plate shield in place.

wikd69

#6 Post by wikd69 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:08 pm

dadnova wrote:...can't have oral sex...
:shock:

That's it, I'm moving to Canada.
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm

chpcamaro

#7 Post by chpcamaro » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:41 pm

lol yup you do know are lovely state of azz____ polititions that are spending to much money telling us what we can't do and how we need to handle are bills but they don't know what they are doing with bills lol
best to date N/A 8.91@153
psca westcoast heads up racing open comp
67 Camaro RS/SS
BBC Powerglide 4800 stall 4.11 29.5x10.5W
http://www.chpdragracing.com

drummondracing
Location: Colonial Beach VA If I am not at home or the track then I am probably at HOOTERS

#8 Post by drummondracing » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:56 pm

Never can have too many lifts. Mine is a 2 post 10,000# I got it about 3 years ago for $2100.00 installed. Brand new I might add. :thumb:
74 chevy luv 355 sbc bracket car
70 Nova SS bracket / t.n.t car.
(Yes REAL SS 396 DISCS 12B0LT ETC)

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE 68-74 NOVAS

TOO MUCH IS NOT ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dadnova

#9 Post by dadnova » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:58 pm

Not to get off the subject, but the money they are throwing at the economy is a joke and won't work at all, just as it did nothing the time before. The way they did it and are doing it maybe 10. cents of each dollar will hit the market. Why don't they quite helping the people who got us into this mess, BIG business and the banks.

If the Government would just have every home that's upside down appraised and carry the loan for the proper value it would help the working people and or the worker who can not get a job as well, plus it would stop the foreclosure rate in a heart beat. It would also force the banks to be fare with the public. In doing so they also would see interest on their money that would help reduce the deficit, plus most of the money would in turn hit the market, as the working family spends cash, the banks got all that money last time and will not even loan it out.

Just piss in it into the wind the way they are doing it.

Just a working mans opinion, what do you think.

BILTIT

#10 Post by BILTIT » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:17 pm

wikd69 wrote:
dadnova wrote:...can't have oral sex...
:shock:

That's it, I'm moving to Canada.
Why do you think i live here, the cold weather?
1974 Pontiac Ventura, 455P (9.5:1 comp.), 850DP, 3100 ''Tight'' 10'', 3.73's/28x13.5
Upgrading in June:
KRE 310cfm@.550 heads, 10.5 comp., hyd roller, 3800 tight 10'', better rear suspension.
Race Weight: 3750#'s
2007 best: 11.97 at 110 1.65 60ft.

dadnova

#11 Post by dadnova » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:17 pm

Well this says it all, it works great.

The way I did it as you can see, the red floor plates move and the whole thing goes below ground with nothing to trip over when not in use.
Attachments
lift seals 013.jpg
lift seals 011.jpg

John_Heard
Site Admin

#12 Post by John_Heard » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:46 am

Do those things have any kind of safety lock to prevent it from dropping if a line breaks or something? Can you pull a trans with one of those?

bracketracer

#13 Post by bracketracer » Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:17 am

John, they have a safety when all the way up. I worked under one of them for years and you can pull a trans but it is a PIA as the center is in the way but it can be done... If any of you guys are thinking of getting a lift get a side post as the whole underneath of the car is open and are way more safer than a center post lift IMO......

Great Idea on the metal plate to hide it :thumb:

MudWild680

#14 Post by MudWild680 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:30 am

Looks handy.

But i also would want a newer side post type lift.