Painting Plastic On My 4 Wheeler

Fabrication, Welding, Shop Tools, Tips & Techniques

Moderator: John_Heard

stroker1

Painting Plastic On My 4 Wheeler

#1 Post by stroker1 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:19 pm

Here is the project: Honda Fourtrax 300 2x4, old and faded but runs good. The thing is faded pink and is warped up from rough treatment. Got it from a neighbor and it's been sitting in the woods. Got it running good. Needs an axle bearing and some type of paint.

I want to use it for just riding around with the kids, scooting around the race track, and as a tow vehicle at the strip when tuning the truck for nitrous. I'm taking sugestions. I've thought about the Krylon fusion, maybe like an Army green. And thought about dye, rubberized undercoating, truck bed liner, and just trying to see what everybody else had in mind. Gonna take off all the plastic and the gas tank and apply the paint or what ever to the top and bottom sides. This don't have to be a show boat, but it does have to be a functional and durable finish. Green, black, brown, or tan. It really don't matter.

What have you guys seen that might work for this project? Also might see some time as a duck hunter transporter or other type hunting, beach time, or maybe even checking on a secret kettle steaming in the woods somewhere. Who knows?
'87 S10 stock suspension, Caltracs, 9" rearend, 1.82 Glide, 383 SBC,
Brodix Track1 Heads, 14:1 compression, 180 shot plate,
2" tube Hussler Headers, 1.38 60ft., 6.20 ET 1/8th, 109 MPH,
Still Tuning, more to come.