1st Gen Camaro Help....

Fabrication, Welding, Shop Tools, Tips & Techniques

Moderator: John_Heard

Bruce69Camaro

1st Gen Camaro Help....

#1 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:11 am

This is for my 69 Camaro but any 1st gen Camaro should be the same. What I'm looking for is kind of hard to explain but I'll do my best.
The fenders are on my car, I go to install my cowl panel and notice the on the flat part that covers the windshield is a different width then the flat area's on the fenders. So do you align the rear of the flat to the rear of the flat on the fenders or do you align the front of the flat with the fronts on the fenders?
Anyone following me?

Bruce
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

camaroman9

Re: 1st Gen Camaro Help....

#2 Post by camaroman9 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:18 pm

i would align the body line on the cowl with the line on the fenders then check the gap at the back of the hood between the cowl panel. if the gap is nice and even i'd leave it. otherwise i wouldnt worry about the alignment of the body line on the flat part, i'd just make sure you have a nice gap between the hood and cowl panel.
C&S carbureted 388 SBC, PT106, TH400, e85
http://www.timsbodyandglass.com
Special thanks to:
Bentune Performance & Fabrication (417)483-5584
Performance Coatings + (417)439-0546
C&R Transmission (417)736-2191

Bruce69Camaro

#3 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:27 pm

You know what I completely forgot about, the bottom window trim being down in that area, so I guess, after my windshield is installed and I get the trim back on, I can work off of that as well.

I also noticed that depending on how I align that panel, the gap between the front of the hood and my header panel will change, so I also got to keep and eye on that as well.

thanks again,

Bruce
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

bluestreak

#4 Post by bluestreak » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:12 pm

YES make sure you do that with the window and or at least the trim, in place,
if the brackets are in place.The flat part you are talking about tucks under the
trim/window edge.
talk is cheap;lets race