RPM Performance Data Logger experience

Discussion on Data Loggers, how to read your logs, what to improve, etc.

Moderator: RPM

ROK

RPM Performance Data Logger experience

#1 Post by ROK » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:28 pm

A few months ago I asked for recommendations from the group regarding their suggestions for upgrading my data logger. I was very cautious due to a very bad experience with my first unit. I asked to exclude the RacePak due to the extreme cost although I was prepared to bite the bullet and spend the money if I could not find an acceptable reasonably priced unit.

The majority of recomendations from this forum was to go with RPM Performance. I had also received good reports on RPM from our nitrous guru although he had not personally used it but passed on what he had heard.

My number one consideration was reliability very closely followed by customer support.

I bougtht the RPM units and have had the opportunity to test it's reliability as well as customer support.

On a scale of 1 to 10 Randy at RPM gets a 10+! Not being the "sharpest knife in the drawer" regarding electronics Randy guided us through the setup with patience and understanding. He has answered his phone every time we have needed him and followed through with everything promised. This man will spoil you!

We also had the opportunity to find the one qlitch in RPM's software. Randy had me ship him my laptop and the data logger and within 5 days he and his software engineer identified the problem corrected the software and returned everything back to me. Problem solved!! The unit has provided flawless reliability since it's return.

The hardware appears to be very robust and the connections solid spring loaded locking type or automotive type locking tab type. All appear to me as top quality.

I'm a very happy camper!!

I would encourage any and all to consider RPM Performance Data Loggers as their first choice.