GZ motorsports new Mandrel

Press Releases for New Products and Services

Moderator: John_Heard

bracketracer

GZ motorsports new Mandrel

#1 Post by bracketracer » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:17 am

I see GZ has produced some new mandrels that bolt to the balancer. I was just wondering if there was issues with the center bolt mandrel as that is the one I have and really don't like that design as if it comes loose it's going to make a mess.
Anyone????? :scratch:

John_Heard
Site Admin

Re: GZ motorsports new Mandrel

#2 Post by John_Heard » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:18 pm

Yes, GZ is now making three bolt design bolt on mandrels. Perhaps in part to my bugging Greg to switch to this design style. I believe it's a better one and you don't have to drill a anti-rotation pin hole into the balancer, no long ass bolt to tie it all together and it works great with Crank Triggers. I did use the old style on my car and didn't really care for the design although it did work.

CDR Performance

#3 Post by CDR Performance » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:25 am

Star Machine has a three bolt mandrel

CDR PERFORMANCE
The Custom Engine Shop

Dart - Callies - BRC - Oliver - BME - Custom Cams - T&D - Trend - JGS - BorgWarner - SuperNatural - EV - CSU - C&S - BS3

http://www.cdrperformance.biz

vht

#4 Post by vht » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:30 pm

I had the new style break for no reason. Everything was still tight, spacers were still on the part that broke. Of course it trashed my pulleys and the belt for the vac pump. I had gilmer pulleys so it wasn't a tight belt issue. Not much help from GZ either. Was told it was a racing part. The regulator gave me fits from day one until I just got rid of it.