Trying a new fiberglass company...

All about making her shine

Moderator: John_Heard

Bruce69Camaro

Re: Trying a new fiberglass company...

#61 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:56 am

I did a lot of searching on a place called "Fiberboy Fiberglass" and his products got very good reviews.

If you check out his site, he doesn't list all of the parts he makes, you need to contact him.

I'm also going with him because he makes a 5" cowl where everyone else seems to favor 4" and 6".

I know he makes bumpers and one for my Camaro goes for $100.

Bruce
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

mytmouz

#62 Post by mytmouz » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Haven't tried fiberboy, but they make a cowl hood for a LUV, good reviews on those from folks who have tried them...
Trucks are for haulin...

Bruce69Camaro

#63 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:56 am

mytmouz wrote:Haven't tried fiberboy, but they make a cowl hood for a LUV, good reviews on those from folks who have tried them...
Do you know anyone personally that has tried them?

All I know, from what I've been told is, the guy is a one man team and he takes pride in his work and the parts he makes fits and looks good.

Bruce
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

mytmouz

#64 Post by mytmouz » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:22 am

Personally no, several forum members have on the LUV site have. They have all been pleased...

Feather carbon hoods are the shit hands down. Way better than the up22 junk!

Here is a pic of my feature carbon hood with 10 dzus fasteners. Weighs 9 lbs. Didn't require any body work.

Same as there site said it was 200.00 for the hood and 98.32 shipping to where I live

A few of the posts I could copy-n-paste off the LUV board. Best I can do...
Trucks are for haulin...

Bruce69Camaro

#65 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:54 am

If you follow the link I posted earlier concerning feather carbon, that posting made my mind up about him.

He told me at one time he could save me shipping and bring the hood up to Super Chevy here at Maple Grove but boy his work does not impress me.

As for Unlimited Products, I can't complain because I got one of their cowl hoods for my Camaro and it actually fits very good. But I've also had this hood for over 20 years, back when people actually gave a chit......

Thanks

Bruce

mytmouz

#66 Post by mytmouz » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:02 am

I don't do the bullet. Sorry if I offended...
Trucks are for haulin...

John_Heard
Site Admin

#67 Post by John_Heard » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:08 am

Deck Lid is done, time to start on the wing -

More pics on my blog

Bruce69Camaro

#68 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:20 am

Looks good John :thumb: :thumb:

You made the comment that you had to use more dzus fasteners then you wanted, to me that looks about the right amount?

Here is something I have been debating, are you going to run a trunk gasket?

Eastwood makes some nice tools huh?

A friend of mine has the shrinker/ stretcher tool and it bailed him out more the once.

Bruce

John_Heard
Site Admin

#69 Post by John_Heard » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:32 am

If you've got a decklid that doesn't need "tied down", you don't really need the ones in the middle. I've seen Nova's with only 6 (3 per side) dzus's that seem to do just fine.

No - no trunk gasket on this deal.

Bruce69Camaro

#70 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:10 am

Just an update and my personal opinion, but I just got my 5" cowl hood from Allen @ Fiberboy Fiberglass and all I can say is, it is one very nice piece of work. I have been told that Allen is very picky when it comes to quality and sure enough, that comment is true. I paid a total of $405.00 which included shipping.

He also makes bumpers but at the time, I couldn't get a hold of Allen, so ordered one from Advantage fiberglass (same company John got his deck lid from) and that was also very nice.

chpcamaro

#71 Post by chpcamaro » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:48 pm

surprizingly enough i think unlmited has started making some better parts again i bought from them years ago and stuff was nice then there stuff went to crap in a big way nothing fit and looked like crap. well it seems they are making some nice stuff again i had a customer call me and said he got a front end from them and i was like it's not going to fit without lots of work i even told him to take it back and order from someone else well he said he wanted me to try to fit it he would pay extra if there was extra work. well i was very surprized it fit very well and looked way better then stuff from the passed. i am not saying that this is how all there stuff is just the front end looked nice and i have also got 2 hoods customers have got for me to install and they looked nice and fit great also so who know maybe they have turned they stuff around
best to date N/A 8.91@153
psca westcoast heads up racing open comp
67 Camaro RS/SS
BBC Powerglide 4800 stall 4.11 29.5x10.5W
http://www.chpdragracing.com

wikd69

#72 Post by wikd69 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:48 am

chpcamaro wrote:surprizingly enough i think unlmited has started making some better parts again i bought from them years ago and stuff was nice then there stuff went to crap in a big way nothing fit and looked like crap. well it seems they are making some nice stuff again i had a customer call me and said he got a front end from them and i was like it's not going to fit without lots of work i even told him to take it back and order from someone else well he said he wanted me to try to fit it he would pay extra if there was extra work. well i was very surprized it fit very well and looked way better then stuff from the passed. i am not saying that this is how all there stuff is just the front end looked nice and i have also got 2 hoods customers have got for me to install and they looked nice and fit great also so who know maybe they have turned they stuff around
Hey Rob it looks like you lost your punctuation box again. Here, you can use some of mine. [.,.,..,.,;,,;::,..,,.;..,..]
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm