Shifter selection

Everything from the motor to the wheels

Moderator: John_Heard

sebgasseau

Shifter selection

#1 Post by sebgasseau » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:12 pm

Hey guys, i'm debating between those two shifter. B&M stealth pro ratchet and the turbo action cheetah. its for a th350 that will see street and strip. Just wondering if any of you had had any experience with those shifter and what what your opinion.

Thank you

ytnova

Re: Shifter selection

#2 Post by ytnova » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:55 am

Turbo action for myself, I have had a couple of them and never had any issues, extremly reliable. Really just come down to personal preference though.
I am not really sure what the question is, but I am pretty sure the answer is Big Block.

Bruce69Camaro

#3 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:59 am

I have a B&M Pro Ratchet and I like it but I have recently had a weird experience with it and I found I'm not the only one.

The shifter was installed and the linkage was all aligned and worked great.

Then we decided to rebuild the tranny.

After the rebuild, I went to reinstall the shifter and I couldn't get the shifter linkage to align properly.

I tried everything and it wouldn't work.

I called B&M and they were no help at all and the rep said this is the first he has heard of this.

That was total bull, because I did a posting about it on another site and sure enough, others have had the same problem.

I got things to work again but not after having to go through a lot of trouble and it's still not the same as it used to be.

I have heard good things about the Turbo Action shifter but I have also had good luck with other B&M shifters as well as the Hurst Quarter Stick.
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

sebgasseau

#4 Post by sebgasseau » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:59 pm

alright thanks boys. I would've loved to have feedback from someone who own a cheetah to see what they think abot it but if not i'll buy the pro ratchet, i used my brother's one for a bit and i liked it.

Mike Peters

#5 Post by Mike Peters » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:23 am

sebgasseau wrote:alright thanks boys. I would've loved to have feedback from someone who own a cheetah to see what they think abot it but if not i'll buy the pro ratchet, i used my brother's one for a bit and i liked it.
The Turbo Action Cheetahs are awesome shifters. Top notch with a really nice shifter cable.
I don't own one now but, did in years past and it was a joy to use.
"If winning was easy, losers would be doing it"

Carolina Kid

#6 Post by Carolina Kid » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Mike Peters wrote:
sebgasseau wrote:alright thanks boys. I would've loved to have feedback from someone who own a cheetah to see what they think abot it but if not i'll buy the pro ratchet, i used my brother's one for a bit and i liked it.
The Turbo Action Cheetahs are awesome shifters. Top notch with a really nice shifter cable.
I don't own one now but, did in years past and it was a joy to use.
Great shifter :thumb:

425 Olds

#7 Post by 425 Olds » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Yup, Turbo Action on our TH350...works flawlessly.