On hold again.....

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

supernova

Re: On hold again.....

#31 Post by supernova » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:41 pm

That's great news. Get well soon buddy! We need to keep you around so we have someone to pick on!!!!! Everybody needs to remember he's a Camaro guy!!!! LOL
Blackhoodmafia!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

1972 Nova SS
572 C.I. BBC

Best to date: 1/8
et: 5.28
mph: 134
new wt. 3340 lbs

Bruce69Camaro

#32 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Thu May 01, 2014 6:48 am

Hi guys and thanks.
I'm feeling better each day, its slow but I'm getting there. Taking walks down to the garage to
see my ultimate car, and taking walks outside really helps.
Ray came to see me carrying a big yellow duck, which from what I'm told, our conversation
turned into something pretty interesting. I was told his wife was going to admit him into a bed
next to me. That would not have been good.
Anyhow I get my staples out Saturday so I'm hoping that will be another step in feeling better.
Thanks to you all.
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

John_Heard
Site Admin

#33 Post by John_Heard » Thu May 01, 2014 6:50 am

Good to hear you're healing up Bruce. You'll be up and running again in no time.

ytnova

#34 Post by ytnova » Thu May 01, 2014 6:51 am

Great news Bruce, glad to see everything went well. Hope you are out racing soon.
I am not really sure what the question is, but I am pretty sure the answer is Big Block.

Mike Peters

#35 Post by Mike Peters » Thu May 01, 2014 12:17 pm

Bruce69Camaro wrote:Hi guys and thanks.
I'm feeling better each day, its slow but I'm getting there. Taking walks down to the garage to
Ray came to see me carrying a big yellow duck, which from what I'm told, our conversation
turned into something pretty interesting. I was told his wife was going to admit him into a bed
Anyhow I get my staples out Saturday so I'm hoping that will be another step in feeling better.
Thanks to you all.
You bought a Chevelle? I knew getting rid of that bad section of colon would make you smarter. Good to hear you're up on your feet but, you'll need to be fully healed up before you can even think about driving a Chevelle ........ it'll be worth the wait. Wait a minute, maybe you're walking to Ray's garage? :scratch: Get to feeling better buddy! :lol:
"If winning was easy, losers would be doing it"

wikd69

#36 Post by wikd69 » Sun May 04, 2014 12:28 pm

Mike Peters wrote:
Bruce69Camaro wrote:Hi guys and thanks.
Thanks to you all.
You bought a Chevelle? I knew getting rid of that bad section of colon would make you smarter. Good to hear you're up on your feet but, you'll need to be fully healed up before you can even think about driving a Chevelle ........ it'll be worth the wait. Wait a minute, maybe you're walking to Ray's garage? :scratch: Get to feeling better buddy! :lol:
Errmmm....

I don't think he said 'Chevelle', he said 'ultimate car' which of course translates to 'Camaro'. No worries, it's an easy mistake to make.
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm

Bruce69Camaro

#37 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Wed May 07, 2014 6:59 am

Hey Harry,
Mr.Peters always talks of his so called Chevelle but has anyone really ever seem it?
My Camaro might not he the fastest but at least I do have pictures.
I'm calling you out Mikey....pictures or it isn't so......
And yes I am feeling better, can't you tell?
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

John_Heard
Site Admin

#38 Post by John_Heard » Wed May 07, 2014 7:09 am

Yup, seen it myself too.

bracketchev1221

#39 Post by bracketchev1221 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:12 am

Bruce69Camaro wrote:Hey Harry,
Mr.Peters always talks of his so called Chevelle but has anyone really ever seem it?
Yes, its clear the medications are working really well. He is delirious.

Mike Peters

#40 Post by Mike Peters » Wed May 07, 2014 9:54 pm

Bruce69Camaro wrote:Hey Harry,
Brucey,

Once you get back on your feet, you've got a personal invite to come out to the great state of Kansas, specifically Wichita, and see the Chevelle many have nicknamed "The Ghost" because they really wonder if it exists. No pics needed as I can walk out to the garage and see it whenever I want so no cameras allowed. If that's being selfish, I guess that's the way I roll. Glad to see you're feeling better and back to being your onery lil' self.

kneel:

Bruce69Camaro

#41 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Thu May 08, 2014 7:48 am

I guess if John says that's brother Mikey, I'll have to believe him. Besides, I don't want to argue with the site owner, that wouldn't look good.....LOL

I'm still working on my secret weapon for this season, but it's starting to worry me. I told Mikey this, but I went from 274 lbs. to my current weight of 219 lbs. and the weight keeps dropping off and I'm not trying. My doctor told me he would feel good if I bottomed out at 190-200 lbs. but with this new weight, it's making me feel really tired. I've even been trying to up my carbs but I still keep losing.

Mikey, need your help on this one, I don't want to end up looking like a string bean, because you know, those Chevelle owners all got to look like that because those cars are tanks, right Ray and no Mikey, I'm not talking about fried beans that you dip in ranch dressing either...LOL

bracketchev1221

#42 Post by bracketchev1221 » Thu May 08, 2014 10:04 am

I know EXACTLY what you mean. These Chevelles are so heavy that when you step on the gas they try to flip over backwards because they can't move forward.

Good thing those camaro's don't do that.

mytmouz

#43 Post by mytmouz » Thu May 08, 2014 10:26 am

Bruce69Camaro wrote:I guess if John says that's brother Mikey, I'll have to believe him. Besides, I don't want to argue with the site owner, that wouldn't look good.....LOL

I'm still working on my secret weapon for this season, but it's starting to worry me. I told Mikey this, but I went from 274 lbs. to my current weight of 219 lbs. and the weight keeps dropping off and I'm not trying. My doctor told me he would feel good if I bottomed out at 190-200 lbs. but with this new weight, it's making me feel really tired. I've even been trying to up my carbs but I still keep losing.

Mikey, need your help on this one, I don't want to end up looking like a string bean, because you know, those Chevelle owners all got to look like that because those cars are tanks, right Ray and no Mikey, I'm not talking about fried beans that you dip in ranch dressing either...LOL
PROTEIN! I went through a similar deal, minus the c, but had to have gut work. Protein deficiency and lack of B-12 was da issue. I got that corrected and then headed back the other way. Now I am on a diet, lol...
Trucks are for haulin...

Mike Peters

#44 Post by Mike Peters » Thu May 08, 2014 9:49 pm

Bruce69Camaro wrote:I guess if John says that's brother Mikey, I'll have to believe him. Besides, I don't want to argue with the site owner, that wouldn't look good.....LOL

Well, unless you're 6'5", I doubt you're going to look like like string bean. If I were you. I'd listen to the doc and see what 190 lbs felt like. If you're eating a surplus of calories compared to what you're burning, I wouldn't add more just to try to add weight back on. You worried about having to buy new clothes? Maybe the reason you're feeling so tired is you're still recovering from major surgery. Did the doc tell you to be back at work already and resuming normal activities? I doubt it. Hmmm....must be a reason for that huh? Carbs would definitely be the weight gainer as they're most easily digested and converted to simple sugars and therefore stored as fat. Protein and fat are harder to digest and don't promote fat storage as easily. The problem with fat is it's so high in calories and therefore easier to consume an excess of calories. If you're eating sensibly and staying away from your home-made meatloaf, I wouldn't worry about the weight loss until you do reach the weight the doctor thinks would be best for you. Allow yourself a chance to stabilize and see if your energy levels return. If you continue to lose weight after then, maybe you've got some investigation to do into why. Hang in there and you'll feel better soon.

Bruce69Camaro

#45 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Tue May 27, 2014 7:34 am

Here's an update, I return to work next Monday, June 2nd. My doctor is very happy with how things turned out, I need to see him again in Aug for a checkup and then in 6 months for another colonoscopy. If that comes back clean, which he feels it should, then I can stretch that out to every 3 years.
I'm physically doing good, keeping the weight off and would like to drop 20 more pounds, but figure as I get more active, I'll drop that weight. I'm allowed to exercise but I'm not to push things. I've been working around the house and even working on the car, a little. I can feel things pulling around and that's my sign to stop. But I'm looking forward to getting back to work. 6 weeks off is long enough and besides that, Ray is lonely and has no one to email in the mornings....
Here's the deal guys, a friend just contacted me and said, his friend is going through the same ordeal, so get checked!
Here is some facts, if it's in your family history, start as early as 40. If you don't have any symptoms, like I didn't, don't think your safe, it's a silent killer. I didn't have the money at the time I was 50, so I skipped it, I got my first one at 51 and God was looking out for me, because my doctor said, if you would have waited another year, I would have had a 2% chance of survival.
I'm loosing a friend right now due to cancer and I don't want to loose anymore, so please listen to my words and get checked.
Mikey brother, send me some of your, get big muscle tricks and 6 pack ab work outs....Well, maybe not, don't think Drag Stuff can handle having two muscle heads...LOL