Another Try....

Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

Bruce69Camaro

Re: Another Try....

#31 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:33 am

Thanks John...

Not sure what happened with the switch issues but now that we have been thinking about it, I wonder if the carb was opening up the whole way and I need to check that all the blades are fully opened.
If so, this solves my microswitch problem.
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

Mike Peters

#32 Post by Mike Peters » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:23 pm

Good job my ugly younger brother. Ask Mr. John Heard about nitrous switch suggestions. Omron industrial roller limit switch is a clue. Microswitches mounted on the carb are notorious for intermittent contact. Save your pennies, buy this switch and mount it to the pedal linkage so there's no flex to risk the microswitch syndrome.
"If winning was easy, losers would be doing it"

Bruce69Camaro

#33 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:11 am

Hey looks, it's my "more handsome" older brother, emphasis on older...Thanks Mike, it was a blast.
I know Ray and I double and triple checked that my throttle blades were wide open and this mean that the switch was being hit and I checked again last night and sure enough it was hitting, but then my wife pushed on the pedal again and it was missing??? I don't know what was happening, so I gas one full turn on the throttle rod and it works better now, so maybe it was a hit or miss with this?
Anyhow, better news today, Don Scholl (Hookdaddy) is fixing me up with a trans brake for my PG. He just happen to have one laying around on the shelf, so he is giving me an early Christmas/ birthday present.
Thanks so much Don......he's been around from the start supporting me and giving me great information and it paid off.
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

bracketchev1221

#34 Post by bracketchev1221 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:32 am

I'll get this car to run if it kills me. And it probably will especially trying to convince Bruce of things. :smt021

Bruce69Camaro

#35 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:42 am

bracketchev1221 wrote:I'll get this car to run if it kills me. And it probably will especially trying to convince Bruce of things. :smt021
Yeah right Skippy.... :smt003

bracketchev1221

#36 Post by bracketchev1221 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:24 am

Bruce won't tell you who was the person was that was asking him about 3 weeks ago if he would use a transbrake if it helped make the car run faster.

Hold on, I found it the text was Sept 19 at 3:16pm.

One word that describes Bruce when I tell him things that will make the car faster

STUBBORN!!!!!!!

Hookdaddy

#37 Post by Hookdaddy » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Ray, make sure he puts a 2-step on it and connects the low side to the transbrake switch only. Then you can launch that baby at full throttle and let that dog eat!! HOWEVER I'd run the nitrous switch through the trans release too so the nitrous doesn't come on while the car it a full throttle on the 2-step. That would be a bad thing! Keep an eye on my little buddy while I'm in Florida.

Bruce - don't hurt yourself, you know how to reach me if you need me.
Don Scholl
S&W Race Cars - retired
145H Super Comp
145Y Stock Eliminator & ET Brackets

bracketchev1221

#38 Post by bracketchev1221 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:53 am

I want to set his car up with the transbrake and linelock tied together through a 3 position switch and using a diode or something between the 2. That way I can set the line lock in the water, in one position of the switch and then activate the line lock and transbrake on the other position. And it will use the same button. I ran my car for years this way before adding a steering wheel button. As far as the nitrous setup, I raised a concern about putting it on the 2 step and have the nitrous come on. The person he works with that has the nitrous experience says that they wire it through a relay that only arms the nitrous when the transbrake button is released.

Bruce69Camaro

#39 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:24 am

Transbrake will be separate from the line lock, I'm not playing around with a 3 positioned switch.

One button for the brake and one button for the line lock.

Nitrous WAS NEVER being wired into the 2 step, the trans brake is being wired into the 2 step as per the MSD instructions.

The nitrous will be wired that when the trans brake button is released, the nitrous will then activate.

Nelson has the nitrous/ wiring experience for this and he's in charge of that area, since it's his system on my car.

Hitchcock

#40 Post by Hitchcock » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:19 am

Nitrous/trans brake interrupt circuit...

73 Vette, moly back half
Pump gas 496
Two Pro Systems 950's
Chance 6000 converter

Hookdaddy

#41 Post by Hookdaddy » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:08 pm

Ray - I just figure the fewer things Bruce has to do the better off we all will be. Line lock button on the shifter, do the burnout. Then move your hand to a button on the steering wheel to activate the trans brake. No switches to throw has to make it simpler for Bruce.
Don Scholl
S&W Race Cars - retired
145H Super Comp
145Y Stock Eliminator & ET Brackets

Bruce69Camaro

#42 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:12 pm

Don, you do know me so well :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

See you in the spring.

wikd69

#43 Post by wikd69 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:57 pm

I use a clever three-way rocker switch that changes the function of the button on my shifter handle, from line-lock to t-brake. And sometimes I'm clever enough to remember to use it correctly. Separating the buttons is not a bad idea.
1969 ProStreet Camaro RS Best 9.75@139 1.46 60'
Blown 427 BBC, TH400 w/Brake, Back-Half Ladderbar
Narrowed 12-Bolt, 4.10 Gears, Spool, Moser 33 Spline

http://www.marsh-racing.com/harrys_camaro-1.htm