Bench Racing - Misc. Discussions

Moderator: John_Heard

Bruce69Camaro

KNOCK....KNOCK.....

#1 Post by Bruce69Camaro » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:27 am

Anyone home out there?

John...how's Ole' Blue running?

Harry....get that motor running?

Wasn't there a guy named Chris on here at one time with a Frankenstein Nova that turned into a work of art? Anyone hear from him?

Mike Peters.....how is that Chevelle running?

Hitch....how's the Vette?

ytnova....get your car running again?

Carolina Kid...how's that nice 69 Camaro running for ya?
Those who think they know it all have no way of finding out they don't......... :scratch:

John_Heard
Site Admin

Re: KNOCK....KNOCK.....

#2 Post by John_Heard » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:03 pm

It's not been running since end of March, we burnt the engine up bad at Tulsa's Radial Revenge Race. Been building an all new bullet for it, hope to have it done in a few more weeks - https://www.johnheard.com/something-wic ... way-comes/

Carolina Kid

#3 Post by Carolina Kid » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:33 pm

Hey Bruce, the folks that had the car before me put the big block in it and they didn't use the right motor mounts and the header rubs the power steering box, well it burn a hole in it so I am just before pulling the motor and freshen everything up and add a mild cam. Will do a few other upgrades as I get into it.

Hitchcock

#4 Post by Hitchcock » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:23 am

Been a while since I last stopped in. The ol vette is doing just fine. It sits a lot since I do not have a ton of money to spare these days. My soon to be 4 year old son, Maximus is severely autistic, and goes to 5-6 hours of ABA, Speech, and behavior modification therapy each day. Insurance helps pick up the bill, but I still make a house payment in what it costs. I switched to a taller rear tire, and that set the ball in motion for a bunch of changes. Had to stretch the wheel base, then had to get a longer driveshaft. Got that all done, and then switched to a better trans pan, that was nice and easy. Tried to put on my stud girdle, only to find out it is the wrong valve spacing, and that my valve covers will not clear. So that was 1 step forward, and two back. It has just been kind of a slow process since I hurt the motor in 2016, and had to have it totally rebuilt. That was about the time my son started therapy, so the finances have been slow. I guess it's a good thing I bought good jack stands.
73 Vette, moly back half
Pump gas 496
Two Pro Systems 950's
Chance 6000 converter

John_Heard
Site Admin

#5 Post by John_Heard » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:57 am

Life has a way of getting in the road of playing with race cars for sure.